OUR COMMITMENT TO PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY
Sunrise Medical Pty Ltd ACN 062 948 305 and its affiliates (collectively known as "Sunrise Medical" and also referred to in this Policy as "us," "we" and "our") seeks to provide the best possible service to its customers.
We recognise that any personal information we collect about you will only be used for the purposes indicated in our policy, where we have your consent to do so, or as otherwise required or authorised by law. It is important to us that you are confident that any personal information we collect from you or that is received by us will be treated with appropriate respect ensuring protection of your personal information.
Our commitment in respect of personal information is to abide by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and any other relevant law.
WHO IS SUNRISE MEDICAL?
Sunrise Medical is a world leader in the development, design, manufacture and distribution of manual and power wheelchairs, standard and customised seating, positioning systems, motorised scooters, patient lifts and daily living aids. Sunrise Medical manufactures products in our own facilities in the United States, Mexico, Germany, United Kingdom, Spain and China.
When we refer to personal information we mean information or an opinion about you, from which you are, or may reasonably be, identified.
This information may include (but is not limited to) your name, date of birth, driver's licence number, marital status, phone number, email address and address.
Due to the nature of the services provided by us, some of the information we collect may be sensitive information, including details about your health.
It is not common practice for us to collect other sensitive information about you (such as information about your religion, trade union membership, political opinion, sexual preference or criminal record). We will only collect sensitive information about you with your knowledge or consent.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect and receive personal information about you in order to conduct our business; provide individuals with products they have purchased; managing our relationships with our customers, business partners and other entities; marketing our products and services and complying with the law and other regulatory requirements. From time to time we may offer other products and services.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal information may be collected by us in a number of circumstances, including when an individual:
- makes an enquiry via email or telephone or website;
- participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site
- enter a competition, promotion or survey
- purchases one of our products;
- applies to be a dealer;
- attends a training course or other event hosted by us;
- applies to work with us.
Where reasonable and practical we will collect your personal information only directly from you. However, we may also collect information about users of our products and potential users of our products from third parties such as contractors who supply services to us, our business partners, from publicly maintained records or from other individuals or companies as authorised by the individual concerned. If you do not provide the information requested by us, we may not be able to provide you with the right product.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
· technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
· Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
· Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Cookies help us to gauge the amount of people who make use of our facilities and the extent of the repeated usage by registered and unregistered clients. A Cookie assists in identifying, for example, your account number, whether you have visited our website on a previous occasion and what pages on our website are most or least popular.
Most browsers will automatically accept a Cookie but it is possible to set your browser to notify you prior to it being sent and at which point you can accept or reject it. However rejecting the cookie will mean that access to the e-commerce site will be denied.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use your personal information for the purpose for which it has been provided, for reasonably related purposes, any other purpose you have consented to and any other purpose permitted under the Privacy Act. This may include using your personal information for the following purposes:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to provide you with the products or services you requested;
- to assess, process and manage your application to work with us; or
- for complaints handling or data analytics purposes.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
TO WHOM WILL WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
To enable us to maintain a successful business relationship with you, we may disclose your personal information to:
- our authorised dealers;
- your therapist;
- companies and contractors who we retain to provide services for us, such as IT contractors, Analytics and search engine providers, call centres, stationery printing houses, mail houses, storage facilities, lawyers, accountants and auditors, who will need to have access to your personal information to provide those services;
- people considering acquiring an interest in our business or assets; and
- other individuals or companies authorised by you.
By providing us with your personal information, you consent to us disclosing your information to such entities without obtaining your consent on a case by case basis.
Sometimes we are required or authorised by law to disclose your personal information. Circumstances in which we may disclose your personal information would be to a Court, Tribunal or law enforcement agency in response to a request or in response to a subpoena or to the Australian Taxation Office.
We may from time to time transfer personal information outside Australia in accordance with the Privacy Act to countries whose privacy laws do not provide the same level of protection as Australia’s privacy laws. For example, we may transfer your personal information to countries located in Asia, Europe or the USA.
By providing us with your personal information, you consent to us disclosing your information to entities located outside Australia and, when permitted by law to do so, on the basis that we are not required to take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that any overseas recipient complies with Australian privacy laws in relation to your information.
From time to time we may use your personal information to provide you with current information about special offers you may find of interest, changes to our organisation, or new products or services being offered by us or any company we are associated with. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to us using your information to contact you on an ongoing basis for this purpose, including by mail, email, SMS, social media and telephone.
If you do not wish to receive marketing information, you may at any time decline to receive such information by contacting our Privacy Contacts using the contact details below. We will not charge you for giving effect to your request and will take all reasonable steps to meet your request at the earliest possible opportunity.
UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is important to our relationship that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. During the course of our relationship with you we will ask you to inform us if any of your personal information has changed.
If you consider that any information we hold about you is incorrect, you should contact us to have it updated. We will generally rely on you to assist us in informing us if the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will provide you with access to the personal information we hold about you, subject to limited exceptions in the Privacy Act as outlined below. You may request access to any of the personal information we hold about you at any time.
To access personal information that we hold about you, use the contact details specified below. We may charge a fee for our reasonable costs in retrieving and supplying the information to you.
DENIED ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
There may be situations where we are not required to provide you with access to your personal information. For example, such a situation would be information relating to an existing or anticipated legal proceeding with you, or if your request is vexatious.
An explanation will be provided to you if we deny you access to your personal information we hold.
BUSINESS WITHOUT IDENTIFYING YOU
In most circumstances it will be necessary for us to identify you in order to successfully do business with you, however, where it is lawful and practicable to do so, we will offer you the opportunity of doing business with us without providing us with personal information. Such a situation would be where you make general inquiries about our products.
HOW SAFE AND SECURE IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE HOLD?
We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information by storing it in a secure environment, and when the information is no longer needed for any purpose for which the information may be used or disclosed, it will be destroyed or permanently de-identified.
We will also take reasonable steps to protect any personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
FURTHER INFORMATION AND COMPLAINTS
You may request further information about the way we manage your personal information or lodge a complaint by contacting our Privacy Officer(s) on the contact details below.
We will deal with any complaint by investigating the complaint, and providing a response to the complainant within 15 business days, provided that we have all necessary information and have completed any investigation required. In cases where further information, assessment or investigation is required, we will seek to agree alternative time frames with you.
You can contact us by calling us on (02) 9678 6600 or by writing to:
The Privacy Officer
Sunrise Medical Pty Ltd
6 Healey Circuit
HUNTINGWOOD NSW 2148
We are constantly reviewing all of our policies and attempt to keep up to date with market expectations. Technology is constantly changing, as is the law and market practices.